It’s Monday! And I am back at the day job today after two weeks on Long Island. I hope everyone had a great holiday season. Here in South Louisiana, we still have a few months to go. The holidays don’t end with New Year’s Day here. There’s Twelvth Night. (For those of you who didn’t know, the 12 Days of Christmas actually ended yesterday.) There’s Mardi Gras, and then the 40 days of Lent, and finally Easter. And THEN we can call the holidays over. Sort of. There’s never a shortage of reasons to party around here.
Where was I? Oh, yes. A reader spotlight!
Today, we have Matt Paulson.
1. What is the first book you can remember reading on your own?
I remember reading a Flintstones book way back in the day, probably second grade or so.
2. What is your very favorite book?
I have two favorites: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and the Book of Mormon.
3. What are your favorite genres?
My favorite genres are science fiction and technothriller, depending on the day.
4. Do you prefer books with linear storylines? Or do you enjoy flashbacks?
I prefer linear storylines. Helps me keep track of everything better. If you want me to know backstory, get it over with at the start of the book.
5. What’s your favorite plot twist?
This may sound contrived, but my favorite twists involve bad guys suddenly becoming good, or vice versa. Don’t let me see it coming, though.
6. What plot devices drive you crazy?
Flashbacks. Shoot me.
7. If you could custom order a book, directly from an author, what would it be about?
If Douglas Adams were still alive, I would have him write about the current affairs of things. He always had a very satirical and cynical eye that I always appreciated.
Join me next Monday for a sit-down with … from ….